Friday, August 14, 2009

I Can Text While Driving Just Fine

Well, great for you. I can't. I practically get into an accident every time I adjust the volume on my radio while driving. But I feel you.

Honestly, laws like this make no sense. If someone is weaving around because they are texting, they should get a ticket for reckless driving. Job done. I just don't get the constant barrage of ever more specific laws.

Then, there's the point where there are so many laws they have to start making laws saying what you *can* do. That's just ridiculous. You should be able to do anything you want, unless there is a law *against* it. Not the other way around.

In Tennessee they recently passed a law that allows people to bring their firearms into restaurants, bars, parks, and who knows where else. It sounds retarded since it's completely backwards. It should just be assumed you can take your stuff wherever you go unless there is ban on it. For instance, they do outline that you can't be drinking alcohol while carrying a gun. Perfectly reasonable limitation.

But don't give a list of what I *can* do. Make a list, a very very very very short list, of what I can't do. And don't worry about the rest. Fewer laws == happier me. ( also fewer taxes, fewer government officials, fewer politicians, fewer terrorists and fewer stupid people )

No comments:

Post a Comment